[Slackbuilds-users] fontforge

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Wed Oct 21 17:13:33 UTC 2020

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 18:00 (+0200), Matteo Bernardini wrote:

> Il giorno mer 21 ott 2020 alle ore 17:54 Jim Diamond via
> SlackBuilds-users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> ha scritto:

>> When I try to compile the most recent update to fontforge on S64-14.2,
>> I get

<snip>

>> Makefile:1085: recipe for target 'install' failed
>> Failures:
>> fontforge: fontforge.SlackBuild return non-zero

>> Can anyone provide any insight on this?  Or even a report that it
>> successfully compiled for you on S64 14.2?

> I was about to test it, but before trying I just want to be sure
> that you have noted this bit in fontforge's README

> "NOTE: please remove previous version before building new version."

README?  No speak English.
:-(

My bad.  No, I didn't read it.  And yes, it compiled nicely after
removing the previous version.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I have
been lulled into a false sense of security because "sbocheck ;
sboupdate ..." has been so automatic.  The fact it works so well is, I
guess, both a good thing and a bad thing.

Also thanks to Tim Dickson for getting back.

                        Jim