[Slackbuilds-users] [Slackbuilds-user] Teamviewer3 EULA bypass

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Fri Oct 23 23:30:23 UTC 2020

On 23/10/20 16:21,
King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> On 10/21/20 4:01 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, King Beowulf wrote:
> >
> >> Teamviewer3 will run the EULA acceptance no matter what - there doesn't
> >> seem to me a command line option to automatically accept. as a result,
> >> any
> >> automated SBo build tools get "stuck." As my bash-fu is rudimentary,
> >> anyone know a good bashism to allow for automatic acceptance?
> >
> > Ed,
> >
> > Would 'expect' do this for you?

> Sure.  I was hoping for a solution less dependent on external, non-bash
> commands.
> -Ed

I must admit that I'm a bit uncomfortable with this, and I wouldn't
want anything to backfire on SBo for hosting it.  In my mind it's no
worse than having to download jdk etc. source manually to build it.

Just because it's an inconvenience for build tools is no reason to
try to bypass what the developers are trying their hardest to have
people read, and there may be good reason for someone to *want* to
read it to understand if they agree and want to continue to install
it, or not, as the case may be.

I would put a note in the README about it and leave it at that.

What do the other admins think?

--
Dave

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come.
	 --Friedrich Nietzsche