[Slackbuilds-users] Copying PDF-1.7 text using -14.2

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 14 16:33:46 UTC 2020

When I enter new references into my bibliographic software I've copied the
abstract (a large block of text) and pasted it into the bibliographic
application. This has worked fine with PDF versions through 1.2 (perhaps
1.4), but definitely not with version 1.7 files. Chunks of text are lost
when I paste the highlighted text into that application or a text file.

I've tried xpdf, mupdf, gv, evince, qpdfviewer, zathera, adobe-reader,
MasterPDFEditor, pdftotext, and others I don't recall.

Is there a 14.2-compatible tool that allows copying of PDF-1.7 highlighted
text?

TIA,

Rich