[Slackbuilds-users] Copying PDF-1.7 text using -14.2

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 14 16:57:13 UTC 2020

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020, Alexander Verbovetsky wrote:

> There is pdfstudioviewer. To me it sounds strange that the version is a
> problem.

Alexander,

Version 14.2 uses xpdf-3.04; current has xpdf-4.02 but this requires newer
versions of both glibc and another library (I forget which). It's the PDF
version that matters.

> Maybe there is no text inside, just picture? PDF is a container, not a
> format.

Scientific journal articles are primarily text with occasional plots or
other images. And I believe that PDF stand for "Portable Document Format."

I'll try pdfstudioviewer.

Thanks,

Rich