[Slackbuilds-users] Slackware-current issues installing docker

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 14:36:25 UTC 2021

On 8/15/21, Matteo Bernardini <matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:

> - then I opened a new root shell so that some files in /etc/profile.d
> necessary to use the new compiler were sourced

I have a question. When this situation comes up, script XYZ needs
profile.d file sourced after its dep ABC is installed... why can't
XYZ just source the profile.d file itself, if necessary?

Or, if the file doesn't exist, it could exit with an unambiguous error
message telling the user "Dependency ABC is not installed, please
install it", instead of whatever error message the build process
gives.

I've done this in a few of my builds, to save users the trouble and
allow them to use a sbopkg queue. Why can't this be standard operating
procedure? It's not overly complex or difficult, not going to cause
more problems than it fixes...