[Slackbuilds-users] Request for core distribution package update

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 7 23:29:39 UTC 2021

This concerns pavucontrol which is in the core distribution, but I'm not on
any developer mail list.

For the past couple of weeks I've struggled to get a pair of USB-connected
headsets working. The problem is that the source output is controlled on
pavucontrol's 'Playback' tab, and the dropdown/combobox widget there does
not have the usual down-arrow indicator that there's more than a single
choice. Every other combobox on the other tabs have the usual indicator.
So, I didn't click on that widget in the 'Playback' tab. Sigh.

Anyway, there's a fix coming:

"Interestingly, there's a commit in the pavucontrol master that changes
the button->radiolist behavior to a standard drop-down selector:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pavucontrol/-/commit/ae278b8643cf1089f66df18713c8154208d9a505
It just hasn't made its way into a release yet."

So, if eyeballs can be kept on this so a fixed version of pavucontrol makes
it into -current/15.0, if not back-ported to 14.2 it would help others avoid
my frustrations.

Rich