[Slackbuilds-users] Burning .iso to a DVD [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 11 22:45:26 UTC 2021

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021, Didier Spaier wrote:

> as root:
> growisofs -speed=2 -dvd-compat -Z /dev/sr0=/path/to/the/ISO

Didier,

Thank you very much. I have not before known of growisofs.

In the mid-1990s, when I was learning linux, a system/network admin friend
told me that linux is really simple: each tool does one job very well. But,
he said, the problem is that there are thousands of little tools. And,
growisofs is one of those I had no idea existed.

Works great!

Stay well,

Rich