[Slackbuilds-users] Finding why build fails

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 15 23:02:27 UTC 2021

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021, Erich Ritz via SlackBuilds-users wrote:

> Actually since Slackware-current ships Python 3.9.1 and -current also
> ships pygobject3, I would suggest grabbing Pat's SlackBuild and running it
> on your machine. Note, do not just install the -current package! Or at
> least manually inspect the difference's between Pat's SlackBuild and SBo's
> SlackBuild to try to get a clue as to why your build is failing.

Erich,

What I saw of the differences between the two build scripts should not
adversely affect their operation. The -current version is in Libraries now
instead of in SBo's Python. And pygobject3-3.38.0-x86_64-3.txz and is the
only pygobject3 installed.

Now I'll go back to building pitivi dependencies.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Rich