[Slackbuilds-users] geoclue2: wants optional dependencies

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 01:41:24 UTC 2021

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021, 5:22 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Feb 2021, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
> >> I don't know that I need it so I tried building without it:
>
> > It works fine on my 14.2 system without avahi installed. Did you pass
> > AVAHI=yes to the script?
>
> Jeremy,
>
> As I wrote, no. I've no need for avahi so I tried building without it.
> That's why I was surprised when the build script asked for it.
>
> I've a clean 14.2 so I don't know why it didn't build.

Your attached build.log (which isn't an actual build log, just the output
from the configure script -- config.log from the build directory would be
more beneficial) showed it ended on:

checking for NMEA_SOURCE... no

Looking at the SlackBuild, it should only check for NMEA if the AVAHI
variable is set to anything other than "no".

This seems to work fine on my system, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't on
yours unless the avahi variable is set to anything other than "no" (unset
is fine).

Can you try again ensuring avahi is unset? If that still doesn't work, try
specifically forcing AVAHI=no when running the SlackBuild.

Jeremy