[Slackbuilds-users] geoclue2: wants optional dependencies [FIXED]

Ricardo J. Barberis ricardo at palmtx.com.ar
Thu Feb 18 20:06:39 UTC 2021

El Jueves 18/02/2021 a las 10:40, Rich Shepard escribió:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, B Watson wrote:
> > You might want to use git to track changes to the repo.
>
> Every week after updates are posted I run sbopkg and update what's
> installed. Now I'm installing removed packages which is not automated by
> sbopkg.

If you already use sbopkg to update your packages, you can also use it to
install new packages:

$ sudo sbopkg -i "package-name"

It won't install dependencies (you can use sqg as suggested elsewhere) but at
least you won't have to manually download the slackbuild and sources, compile
and install.

This will not only save you some time, it'll also use your up-to-date SBo repo
copy from /var/lib/sbopkg/SBo so you won't have to maintain a second copy via
git/rsync.

> I'm also now keeping all installed compressed tarballs. When those are
> upgraded by sbopkg I'll update the local repo too.
>
> Not knowing there was a potential problem by having an outdated build
> script here for the same source version as on the SBo I couldn't avoid it.
>
> Rich

Cheers,
--
Ricardo J. Barberis