[Slackbuilds-users] brace expansion

Klaatu klaatu at mixedsignals.ml
Thu Jun 17 01:54:01 UTC 2021

On Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:55:55 AM NZST B Watson wrote:
> I'm just one opinionated guy though. What does the rest of the list
> think?

The standard is that SlackBuilds.org expects a full install of Slackware.

So I think the scripts should be allowed to feature Bashisms, and that Bash
should be an expected requirement of a .SlackBuild script (because Slackware
ships with Bash.)

As long as the shell required ships with Slackware, script authors should
update the #! line to accurately reflect the shell their script requires (or if
unsure, then to the shell they have tested.)