[Slackbuilds-users] pdfstudio and pdfstudioviewer up for grabs

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 16:51:06 UTC 2021

On 6/29/21, Alexander Verbovetsky <alik at ejik.org> wrote:

> Two years ago they already dropped the deb-packages, I wrote to the
> support, they asked me why I want debs and restored them. This year the
> answer was: "Not at this time."

Are the old deb package versions no longer useful? I mean will they
still install and run using your SlackBuild?

And does the license allow redistributing the .deb packages? We have
copies of them on sbosrcarch:

https://slackware.uk/sbosrcarch/by-md5/d/4/d4b8f062f90d191a7fca0b003101e772/PDFStudio_v2020_4_0_linux64.deb
https://slackware.uk/sbosrcarch/by-md5/5/4/54b767608e88afdeeeb7292c278624c2/PDFStudio_v2020_4_0_linux.deb

If someone installs those, do they work in demo mode? Is it possible
to register that version of the software to run them in standard/pro
modes?

I'd say don't remove pdfstudio unless the last .deb version is
useless.