[Slackbuilds-users] Allegro 5 and slackware-14.2

Arnaud arnaud.garcia-fernandez at laposte.net
Wed Mar 17 22:32:30 UTC 2021

Hello everybody,

	Allegro 5.2.7.0 does not build on slackware 14.2 because one of its
internal addons (native_dialog) uses gtk3, and 14.2 gtk3 version is too old.

	There are two ways I can go with this :
 - conservatism, by sticking to 5.2.6.0 until slackware 15.0 is out.
 - I-don't-care-ism, by disabling this particular addon.
	I have no idea what would be the impact of disabling this addon for other
slackbuilds, and I don't feel this question warrants more than a passing
thought.

	The middleground I choose is to add a build option to allow for
disabling this addon. Then anybody can do a simple version bump to allegro
5.2.7.0. It's an easy enough workaround while waiting for slackware-15.0.

So if you don't care, don't change anything.
But if you want allegro 5.2.7.0, then build it that way for slackware-14.2 :
VERSION=2.5.7.0 ALLEGRO_NATIVE_DIALOG=off ./allegro.Slackbuild
And that way for slackware-current :
VERSION=2.5.7.0 ./allegro.Slackbuild

It's all written in the README, and will be available in the next update.

Best regards!

	- Arnaud.