[Slackbuilds-users] RFC updates for gdal slackbuild

Greg Tourte artourter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 20:38:26 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have been looking at the gdal slackbuild for version 3.8. I have held off
for now as it had an issue with building when an older version was
installed. Since I reported the issue upstream and a patch has since then
been written, I can now work on it.

The new release is rather trivial although it bumps the shared library
version. However, the current script doesn't really specify most
dependencies and basically relies on what is already installed on the
system. Most other distro packages will build gdal with enforced
dependencies and I am very tempted to change the script to do so as well
(especially now that the circular libspatialite  dependency is no longer an
issue).

What do people think. Do any one have any objections?

Cheers

Greg