[Slackbuilds-users] OpenShadingLanguage should be removed from approved (to admins)

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Tue Dec 5 16:09:28 UTC 2023

Hi

some days ago I've submitted a new tarball for OpenShadingLanguage, a
dependency of Blender. The new version is not an update but includes a
warning in README because it generates an error post compilation in the
slackbuild of Blender if OSL is autodetected and automatically enabled
(the build works fine but the script fails at the end when builds the
manpage cause a problem with Python and/or LLVM).

I reported the issue to Chris, the maintainer of Blender, and he has
temporary solved the issue by suppressing the build of manpage  if
OpenShadingLanguage is autodetected, so my warning in the OSL REAMDE
file is superfluous: Blender can be build with the support to
OpenShadingLanguage without errors.

Chris has submitted a new version of Blender slackbuild, but I cannot
remove the OpenShadingLanguage update from the submits because it is in
approved list.

Please remove OpenShadingLanguage from the approved submits, thanks

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it

Slackware Linux... because it works!