[Slackbuilds-users] slackbuilds.org/templates & Angband: current/historical maintainers information formatting/variants/updating?

dchmelik at gmail.com dchmelik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 05:41:21 UTC 2023

I noticed http://slackbuilds.org/templates omits '<email>' at least in
autotools-template.SlackBuild but many maintainers/staff also put that,
and some don't put '<where you live>': should variants be clarified in
templates?
     Earlier this year I passed angband.SlackBuild to my friend/mentor
Ben Collver and mentioned updating maintainer information at
angband.SlackBuild top, but he's been somewhat busy so hasn't got to
that.  Some years ago (because I didn't want people seeing original
maintainer first and bothering him) I removed 'Written by Marshall Scott
[email]' but then read that's against policy so returned his line/name
with style I saw  SlackBuilds.org (SBo) staff use, noting originally
copyright by him (copyright is automatic).  Ben may be uncomfortable
having copyright, so I emailed Marshall asking about formatting &
potential change to WTFPL ( http://www.wtfpl.net/txt/copying , which is
copyright not always said when linking WTFPL, because makes it
equivalent to public domain except wherever organizations restrict/abuse
public domain). Is a variant of format below suggested, and/or can staff
perhaps advise Ben how to update right (I forgot if he's on this
listserv/newsgroup or not)?  I'd like my line to be updated to the below
or whatever format (without my location/email) SBo staff say. I don't
need it still copyright me but waiting to hear from Marshall.

# Originally written[/copyright] by Marshall Scott (2010 - 2012)
# Written[/copyright] by David Melik (2012 - 2023)
# Written[/copyright] 2023 Ben Collver <where you live> <email>
# ['All rights reserved.' or 'Licensed under the WTFPL. See
http://www.wtfpl.net/txt/copying/ for details.']