[Slackbuilds-users] Microsoft Edge is up for grabs

David Chmelik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 01:40:27 UTC 2023

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 4:54 PM <phalange at komputermatrix.com> wrote:
> I'm still not able to get recent versions of Edge to run. I have neither
> the desire nor the expertise to fool with it any longer.
>
> The version on SBo is working but stale.

Tried more recently?  Yesterday I downloaded the current stable
version and ran Slackware's rpm2txz on it, and it works fine, though
this is on Slackware-current (don't know about stable).  It's a bit
sad to see it go as Edge added a feature to use various cutting-edge
AI (latest OpenAI/ChatGPT, etc.) free, though I don't know you need to
login for that.