[Slackbuilds-users] Dos line endings in patch file

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Sat Dec 23 04:27:01 UTC 2023

On Fri, 22 Dec 2023, Daniel Prosser wrote:

> I recently updated xflr5 to the latest version. The SlackBuild includes a
> patch which is supposed to have dos line endings, since the source file also
> has dos line endings. The patch file I uploaded had dos line endings (and I
> tested before uploading), but now in the repo, it has unix line endings,

This is an ongoing issue. The best way we've found to handle it, is
to gzip the patch, then use "zcat $CWD/whatever.diff.gz | patch -p1"
or similar. For examples, see games/oblige and system/unage.

If you're wondering, the problem is caused by git. It tries to
"correct" the line endings for whatever system it's running on.