[Slackbuilds-users] I'm back to maintaining SlackBuilds (Merry Christmas everyone!)

Isaac Yu isaacyu at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 27 01:45:30 UTC 2023

Hi B. Watson,

The README was from the qtile homepage. The previous maintainer, Dimitris Zlatinidis, uploaded the SlackBuild with that wording (on that homepage, see the left-hand quadrant underneath the section "Why Qtile?").

I would instead like to change the README to the following:
"Qtile is a full-featured, hackable tiling window manager (X11 or Wayland) written and configured in Python. Qtile is simple, small, and extensible - it is easy to write your own layouts, widgets and built-in commands."

I would also like the slack-desc to be only the first sentence above: "Qtile is a full-featured... configured in Python"."

I'll change the qtile README and slack-desc within a week or 2. I have a hard enough time updating all those jupyter-notebook/jupyterlab/spyder dependencies as it is.

- Isaac