[Slackbuilds-users] python3-numpy and openimageio build problems

Karel Venken k.venken at online.be
Sun Oct 1 15:28:42 UTC 2023

I have been trying to install Blender (not blender). I noted following
problems in some of the dependencies:

openimageio:
The tar file is named oiio-Release-2.2.21.0.tar.gz but the contents have
as directory OpenImageIO-Release-2.2.21.0
I fixed it by adding/modifying two lines in the SlackBuild:
after SRCNAM=oiio-Release, I added (line 28) EXTNAM=OpenImageIO-Release
and after extracting the tarfile (line 35), I used cd $EXTNAME-$VERSION
instead.

python3-numpy;
This requires a more recent version of Cython:
RuntimeError: Building NumPy requires Cython >= 0.29.30, found 0.29.27
at /usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/Cython/__init__.py
error: Building python3-numpy failed
I believe that Cython is a slackware own package as I could not find it
in the SBo.

kind regards