[Slackbuilds-users] Added python3-meson-opt

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 19:32:34 UTC 2023

On Wed, Oct 4, 2023 at 8:21 AM fourtysixandtwo <fourtysixandtwo at sliderr.net>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to a comment on LQ by brobr (not sure if you are on this list) I've
> uploaded three new builds that will allow builds like numpy and pandas to
> be upgraded to their latest versions and use the PEP517 build process.  In
> both cases this significantly decreases the build time due to the meson
> backend making use of all cores.
>
> Here's all 5 slackbuilds and the build queue for python3-pandas.  Please
> test.
> https://slackware.uk/~fourtysixandtwo/src/python3-meson-opt-test.tar.gz
>
> FYI Jeremy, when you get a chance to look at it let me know if you're ok
> with the newer versions of meson and meson-python (mesonpy) than what
> pandas 2.1.1 was pinned to.
>
> Cheers.

I was actually just looking into this more in depth yesterday after
ignoring it last week since I have two programs stuck due to not having
mesonpy.. Luckily, I didn't spend too much time with it :) I've looked over
your changes and tried them successfully with your pandas SlackBuild
update. Feel free to push your python3-pandas update on my behalf.

I'll wait until the public update before I update python3-scipy as that
requires mesonpy as well (but I got it working here with your packages
after a few changes to its pyproject.toml). Seems easier for SBo admins to
not have to pull updates from multiple branches to test if an update
works...

Thanks for your efforts!

Jeremy