[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkglint failure: doinst.sh does not call install-info

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Sun Apr 7 17:56:42 UTC 2024

Il 07/04/24 19:24, Giancarlo Dessì ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to complete the slackbuild of a new package. It's an
> alternative implementation of the fftw package released with the
> official Slackware that includes as extension the support to Open MPI.
>
> The slackbuild and the installation work fine (tested with a new
> package that require it as dependency), but sbopkglint test returns
> this failure:
>
> Running test: 60-usr_info...
> ---package has info files, but doinst.sh does not call install-info
>
> in the doinst.sh template nothing referring to install-info appears. I
> looked in some slackbuilds discharged from SBo to find a sample but
> they are affect by the same issue. How can I solve?
>
> thanks

Solved

I found a sample in the cgdb package (thanks to Dave Woodfall)

doinst.sh must include this:

if [ -x /usr/bin/install-info -a -d usr/info ]; then
   ( cd usr/info
     rm -f dir
     for i in *.info*; do /usr/bin/install-info $i dir 2>/dev/null; done
   )
fi

(I think it should be included in the template of doinst.sh)

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it
https://github.com/giandex

Slackware Linux... because it works!