[Slackbuilds-users] Call for Help

KB_SBo sbo at linuxgalaxy.org
Sun Apr 28 00:14:50 UTC 2024

On 4/27/24 11:04, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> QEMU builds successfully in my clean Slackware64-15.0 qemu VM (updated
>> on April 25, 2024).
>>
>> options installed:
>> libslirp
>> device-tree-compiler
>> snappy
>> spice
>> usbredir
>> virglrenderer
>>
>> build date: April 26, 2024
>>
>> invocation:
>> SLIRP=yes BRIDGE_HELPER_SETUID=yes ./qemu.SlackBuild
>
> Since there's no hint file on qemu, please try without any options?
> or if you want them to be used as default options, please let us know
> and we can add hint file into it

Hint file? Isn't that the README?  the options I listed are autodetected
at compile time and are not required to build.  libslirp (user mode
networking) is optional, not required, but recommended. The build script
already has suitable default options built in.

In other words, if it doesn't build, with or without options, it's your
build-bot and not the fault of the script.

But, hey, I'll be a team player today:

clean Slackware{32,64}-15.0 VM, full default install, updated, no
additional packages.

Invocation for qemu-8.2.2

./qemu.SlackBuild

x86_64: passed (compiles, runs)