[Slackbuilds-users] Call for Help

andrew.clemons at gmail.com andrew.clemons at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 00:37:14 UTC 2024

On 28/04/24 09:14, KB_SBo wrote:
> Hint file? Isn't that the README?

Yes. To help us automate approving the many submission and thousands of
scripts in the repo, we sometimes need to add a hint to the bot based on
the README. Willy meant for this one, we don't have any hints setup, so
it just builds by downloading the source tarball and running the script.

> the options I listed are autodetected
> at compile time and are not required to build.  libslirp (user mode
> networking) is optional, not required, but recommended. The build script
> already has suitable default options built in.
>
> In other words, if it doesn't build, with or without options, it's your
> build-bot and not the fault of the script. > But, hey, I'll be a team player today:
>
> clean Slackware{32,64}-15.0 VM, full default install, updated, no
> additional packages.
>
> Invocation for qemu-8.2.2
>
> ./qemu.SlackBuild
>
> x86_64: passed (compiles, runs)
> x86   : passed (compiles)

It actually needs internet access, so could add that to the README and
we'll add a hint to the bot to allow it to access the internet. Many
scripts that require it have a block like this:

https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/blob/68ac93024440c1dcb61e579018ce241a1ab44180/graphics/opencolorio/README#L10-L12

But also check my other message in this thread. It is downloading
something to compile, so it might be better instead to add a dependency
for what it needs or to explicitly list that source in DOWNLOAD?