[Slackbuilds-users] SBo: ess 17.11 (fwd)
Daniel Aguilera
tenka05 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 15:28:36 UTC 2026
El vie., 4 de septiembre de 2026 22:32, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <
willysr at slackbuilds.org> escribió:
> >I received this message from Nicky about ess 17.11, the version in the SBo
> >repo. The current version is 26.05.0 (which doesn't build using the SBo
> >script with a version change) and the oldest version in the ess archive is
> >ess-18.10.2 from 2018-11.10. No 17.11 to download.
> >
> >I don't have the skills to maintain a SBo application. And I suspect I'm
> not
> >the only ess user (with R and grass in my case.)
> >
> >Help's needed for this package.
>
> >---------- Forwarded message ----------
> >Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2026 19:42:40 +0100
> >From: Nicky Chorley <nick.chorley at gmail.com>
> >To: Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
> >Subject: Re: SBo: ess 17.11
> >
> >Hi Rich,
> >
> >I'm not using ESS (or Slackware) any more, but I'd check the homepage at
> >https://ess.r-project.org/index.php?Section=home for up to date download
> >links.
> >
> >Best,
> >
> >Nicky
> >
> >On Thu, 3 Sept 2026 at 20:52, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Nicky,
> >>
> >> When I tried to download e-17.11.tgz the browser displayed 'Not Found'
> at
> >> ess-r-project.org/downloads/ess/ess-17.11.tgz.
> >>
> >> Are you able to download it there?
>
> Anyone using ess ?
> this application need some love from new maintainer who actually use this
> app
>
> Otherwise, it will be orphaned by next week
>
> --
> Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
> _______________________________________________
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users at slackbuilds.org
> https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
> Archives - https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - https://slackbuilds.org/faq
I can mantain this; I use it and I have the free time
Daniel Aguilera
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/attachments/20260905/431adbb1/attachment.htm>
More information about the SlackBuilds-users
mailing list