[Slackbuilds-users] Cannot download source tarball for libreoffice-25.8.6

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:17:31 UTC 2026


On Wed, Sep 9, 2026, 11:13 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 2026, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
> > Per the README for the package:
> >
> > WARNING:
> > LibreOffice 25.8.6 is the latest version working in Slackware 15.0
> > using normal Slackware stock packages. Newer version requires newer
> > glibc.
>
> Jeremy,
>
> I read that. In my original post I mentioned that the source tarball on the
> SBo libreoffice page could not find 25.8.6. And, the LO download page has
> no
> link to that version.
>
> > If you feel uncomfortable, please stick with the current 25.8.5 version
>
> Where do I download 25.8.5?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>

It seems they removed all previous versions, which is why Willy told you up
update the SlackBuild's VERSION to run 25.8.7. Unfortunately, we can't do
anything if upstream removed the download unless you happen to find a copy
somewhere that can be uploaded to sbodirectlinks...

But that shouldn't be needed since it seems Willy has already tested the
newer version. To get this working, you just need to update that code block
I mentioned in the SlackBuild to be able to run it against the newer 25.8.x
version.

Jeremy

>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/attachments/20260909/c2498219/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the SlackBuilds-users mailing list