[Slackbuilds-users] deprecation of webkit2gtk
Bob Funk
bobfunk11 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:15:24 UTC 2026
I faced this before. I think I forced gnome-control-center to link only
> with libsoup3.
> It's a problem with their build system if I remember correctly. It's been
> a long time.
> Can you check the whole dependency tree to see which libsoup they use?
> It could be also one dependency using libsoup2 instead.
>
> Regards,
> Ozan
>
The problem will go away if I can keep using webkit2gtk4.0/libsoup2 for
that gnome-control-center build, which means that gnome-online-accounts
also stays in its existing older version, also with libsoup2.
I had suggested the possibility of introducing a second
"gnome-online-accounts-legacy" and deps packages, where I could handle my
deps with older versions, while a newer gnome-online-accounts moves on to
support newer software.
I practice, all we need is a stop gap to get us to next release, and
keeping it on the older versions for now so things keep building and
working properly with minimal extra work seems to be the way this is going,
so you just have to wait till the revert next Saturday and Ozan you
shouldn't need to do anything else regarding your packages.
Once SBo can target the next slackware release, all this will go away and
libsoup2 and webkit2gtk-4.0 can be forgotten.
- Bob
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/attachments/20260914/6f980898/attachment.htm>
More information about the SlackBuilds-users
mailing list