[Slackbuilds-users] SBo: python3-hatch
Jeremy Hansen
jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 22:51:45 UTC 2026
Have you installed python3-hatchling (the dependency listed
for python3-hatch_vcs) and its dependencies?
I regularly build python3-hatch_vcs when testing my builds that require it
in a clean environment and I've never had a failure. Leads me to believe
you're missing already documented dependencies or building on something
other than 15.0.
Jeremy
On Wed, Sep 23, 2026, 3:47 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> Last Friday I sent this message to the package maintainer,
> fourtysixandtwo at slider.net. It was just returned as undeliverable.
> ------
> I built and installed python3-pyproject-hooks. When I try building
> python3-hatch_vcs it fails with this message:
> * Getting build dependencies for sdist...
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/pyproject_hooks/_impl.py",
> line 402, in _call_hook
> raise BackendUnavailable(
> pyproject_hooks._impl.BackendUnavailable: Cannot import 'hatchling.build'
>
> ERROR Backend 'hatchling.build' is not available.
>
> I searched the SBo repo for a hatch-build, and hatchling.build but found
> nothing.
> -----
>
> Has anyone else had this issue? It's a qgis dependency.
>
> Rich
> _______________________________________________
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users at slackbuilds.org
> https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
> Archives - https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - https://slackbuilds.org/faq/
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/attachments/20260923/68399f01/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the SlackBuilds-users
mailing list