[Slackbuilds-users] Lapack SlackBuild

Serban Udrea serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jul 19 09:47:39 UTC 2012

On 07/19/2012 05:36 AM, James Smith wrote:
> Thanks for your comments. So you agree with my patch then? ;-)

Not yet. Besides, even if I would agree, it's not against a script I
maintain.

For a final opinion, I need to check, if the change you propose(#) would
impact at least on numpy and scipy, which I maintain  -- not to speak
about things I have in work, or the fact that others may need to check
what happens with the lapack related software they provide a SlackBuild
for(*). Sincerely speaking, it might be much easier to just patch
hmatrix to also link against wathever kind of blas is installed. Still,
it may not be the right way to go.

Best regards,

Serban

(#) And a similar one applied to lapack-atlas.

(*) My feeling is that there would be no impact at all, but checking is
better. Nevertheless, this would take me some time.