[Slackbuilds-users] Handbrake x264 segfault

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Sun Jan 26 20:21:18 UTC 2014

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 15:03:37 -0500
Thomas <thomasrling at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. I'm using Slackware64
> 14.1. I've been getting segmentation faults on HandBrake when encoding
> anything using x264 as the encoder. For example...

After upgrading to 14.1 and rebuilding *SBo, I was also having segfaults
with HandBrake. It turned out I had some old cruft in /usr/local (that I
don't remember puting there) and even though HandBrake wasn't being told to
use it, it was picking it up at runtime and segfaulting when starting an
encode with x264. I believe, but now don't remember specifically, that it
was an old libx264.

--
Erik Hanson