[Slackbuilds-users] Problems With Postfix: post-install line 504 and SASL type

netrixtardis netrixtardis at stealth3.com
Mon Feb 16 07:26:15 UTC 2015

On 2/15/2015 9:34 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2015, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>>  Guess I need to install 2.11.4 and run 'postfix check' and
>> 'postsuper -sv'
>
>   postfix-2.11.4: added double quotes to
> /usr/libexec/postfix/post-install
> line 504 "$path".
>
> postfix check
> postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer: Permission denied
>
> postsuper -sv
> postsuper: name_mask: ipv4
> postsuper: inet_addr_local: configured 2 IPv4 addresses
> postsuper: queue: defer
> postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer: Permission denied
>
>   Found a linuxquestions.org thread for the fatal error:
> <http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/help-postsuper-fatal-scan_dir_push-open-directory-defer-permission-denied-924086/>
>
> However, changing owner of /var/spool/postfix to postfix and the perms to
> 644 did not resolve the problem. Changed back to owner root and perms
> 755.
>
>   Rebuilt and reinstalled -2.11.3. postfix check finds no issues;
> postsuper
> -sv lists all queues and no issues.
>
>   I'm stymied and need help to fix the quotes, the above error on 2.11.4,
> and getting dovecot working in lieu of cyrus.
>
> Rich
I have come across your issue when I have the following 2 lines in main.cf:

#html_directory = /usr/doc/postfix-2.11.0/html
#readme_directory = /usr/doc/postfix-2.11.0/README_FILES

I have them currently commented out, however what I have found is that
during the post-install, the postfix-script tried to make sure you have
a sane main.cf.  With these 2 lines showing hard coded path, you will
have an error against the version you are installing.  I figured this
out around the time of my upgrade to 2.11.0, which is why I haven't
update them.  The fix would be to not hard code the version, or to
update the lines prior to your update.