[Slackbuilds-users] openjdk8 compile (either manually or via sbotools) failing at openjdk7

Arnaud arnaud.garcia-fernandez at laposte.net
Wed Apr 6 08:09:56 UTC 2022

> >> java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry CRC (expected 0x3943b2a7 but
> >> got 0xc7a06d31)
> >
> > This looks like you're inadvertently using the wrong set of source
> > files. Each new openjdk version has a new set of source files, many of
> > which have no version number (openjdk.tar.bz2, corba.tar.bz2, ...) so
> > your build system can easily pick up the wrong source file.
> >
> > chris
>
> Good morning all
>
> I do not doubt the comment above, but in this case, how could it be unless
> the slackbuild source links are out of step/compromised/whatever.
>
> As I mentioned, it is a clean physical machine freshly installed and then
> updated - no other [java related or other slackbuild addons etc] downloads
> prior - and simply the source files linked in the slackbuild info.  Each
> slackbuild individually run using 'su -' (rather than using sbotools or
> similar) as required.  I don't even get to try openjdk8 (or download
> anything for it) as apache-ant, gcc5 and openjdk7 are listed as required
> first.  It is openjdk7 that is failing in that chain as such.
>
> That all said, I will go back and check the sources, though I think that
> has been done by Matteo.
>
> Regards
> Habs

My comment will not add much to the problem, but my several tries are all failing at the same place (ie: invalid entry CRC).
Be it on my master very unclean multilib box, a chroot, multilib or not, updated and clean, or some other cleaner boxes, VMs, not multilib, I can't make it build, and it always fails on the same place...

But unlike others here, I don't pretend doing it on perfectly clean installations (though always without any other java installed).
Although I am really sure my source packages are the right ones, MD5SUM checked and all.

--
Arnaud <arnaud.garcia-fernandez at laposte.net>