[Slackbuilds-users] BOINC fails to build [configure step]

KB_SBo sbo at linuxgalaxy.org
Fri Apr 29 00:59:54 UTC 2022

On 4/28/22 01:28, B. Watson wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
>

>> Il 27/04/22 21:48, B. Watson ha scritto:
>>> You're right... but why'd you compile wxGTK3 statically?
>>
>> Hi,
>> I followed the instructions found on
>> https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/academic/boinc/ that reports this:
>>
>> "Building
>>
>> (1) BOINC needs a static library for wxGTK3, compile with
>>
>>  STATIC=yes ./wxGTK3.SlackBuild"
>
> Hm. I wonder if that's still true. I know I compiled boinc with a
> shared wxGTK3 (without STATIC=yes) at the time I edited its SlackBuild.

I'll check the BOINC people if this is still true. I've used STATIC=yes
for years and years and years with no issues including other stuff that
needs wxGTK3. The BOINC wiki for the build deps may be outdated. Not too
surprising.

Only boincmgr GUI needs wxGTK3. pretty pictures and all that.

-Ed.
Boinc SBo Maintainer.