[Slackbuilds-users] [Slackware-current] sbopkg problems

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Aug 26 07:45:57 UTC 2022

Le 26/08/2022 à 04:05, David Chmelik a écrit :
> So did someone on GitHub and found a workaround but didn't work for me... so
> question is does SlackBuilds.org (SBo) allow such weirdly-formed package names
> (or more) that trip sbopkg and if not is policy only maybe 99% implemented?  SBo
> has standards-/specifications-checking tools which (if missed in submissions)
> should check package names...
>         Since at least early 2022 I want to learn/setup chroot/overlayfs to
> design/build packages in but found no specific instructions... virtual machines
> (VM) & non-UNIX & automatic containers (other than perhaps one modification of
> chroot) are overkill and defeat purpose for me.
>
> On 8/23/22 1:09 AM, Greg' Ar Tourter wrote:
>> I seem to have seen something similar a while back. It was due to a weirdly
>> formed package name which triped sbopkg. But I can't remember which one it
>> was. It only triggered when that package was up for upgrade though, otherwise
>> sbopkg would work fine, so it may not be the same issue.
>>
>> I am currently using sbopkg with the SBo-git repo on one of my machines
>> without any issues though.
>>
>> On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 at 06:30, <dchmelik at gmail.com <mailto:dchmelik at gmail.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     If you don't use Slackware-current (many do use it) simply ignore
>>     this.
>>              As I and another on this mailing list stated in past,
>>     SBo-git
>>     sbopkg no longer works.  Even after reverting from git to stable,
>>     sbopkg
>>     can find updates but no longer displays any queue submenu
>>     graphically,
>>     and now most/all sbopkg command-line
>>     commands/arguments/flags/switches
>>     just open sbopkg GUI.   Someone wrote it off as 'something you did to
>>     your PC': clearly false as exact same happened to someone else so is
>>     some situation (maybe involving standard Slackware-current and/or Sbo
>>     upgrades) that may become common.  It all even continues to happen
>>     even
>>     after I removed sbopkg 20220318_8bf4e6a and installed 0.38.2

This has been a a topic for a thread you opened on LQ:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/sbo-git-4175715050/
Please read again this ppst:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/sbo-git-4175715050/#post6376167
You did not provide any reproducible evidence of a misbehaving of sbopkg nor of
an issue with SBo, when used as recommended, including doing the build in a
clean environment. Do you need instructions on how to setup a clean environment?

Didier