[Slackbuilds-users] Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.30.1 game

414N 414N at slacky.it
Mon Dec 11 14:43:54 UTC 2023

Il 11/12/23 13:53, David Chmelik ha scritto:
>      DCSS changed their source code name from stone_soup to crawl, but now
> back to stone_soup, and keeps changing several other parts of their
> tarball names (debian, nodeps, orig, etc.).  One can download v0.30.1 with
> a graphical web browser, but for curl & wget I have no idea where
> anymore.  According to GITHUB_URLS.txt and current stable version file
> name one can download with graphical web browser, should be http://
> github.com/crawl/crawl/releases/download/v0.30.1/stone_soup-0.30.1.tar.xz
> (isn't).

IMHO, those hints refer for the most part to (source) releases made
available only as git tags on github, where using the link on the page
instead of the format recommended results in wget failing to retrieve
the correct source tarball filename (a v0.30.1.tar.xz archive file
instead of stone_soup-0.30.1.tar.xz, for example).
What you have here, however, is a "tailor-made" release tarball like in
the days of yore that is part of the release artifacts, so you shouldn't
need to touch up anything. I'm able to correctly download the file with
the URL found in the release page[1] using wget.

[1]:
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/releases/download/0.30.1/stone_soup-0.30.1.tar.xz

--
Alan Alberghini