[Slackbuilds-users] Fwd: [Fish-users] fish 3.6.1 released

Dave dave at slackbuilds.org
Sat Mar 25 17:26:52 UTC 2023

Hi Luna,

> Alright, have to learn more about how Slackbuilds work but maybe i
> will after that, not exactly sure how doinst.sh scripts and all works
> yet, should think about it, or maybe someone else thats more
> experienced and have time can take it over?

The doinst.sh script contains package post-installation tasks.  There
is also a douninst.sh which contains post package-removal tasks.
However, they aren't always needed.

Our template files have quite a lot of info:

https://slackbuilds.org/templates/

Slackwiki and SlackDocs are a good source of information on anything
Slackware related.

https://www.slackwiki.com
https://docs.slackware.com

There are some HowTos on writing Slackbuild scripts, although there
isn't one AFAICT that specifically relates to SBo script format, and
it looks the they haven't been updated for 15.0 style scripts (e.g.
they /bin/sh instead of /bin/bash).

E.G. see:

https://www.slackwiki.com/index.php?search=doinst.sh&title=Special%5aSearch&fulltext=Search

HTH