[Slackbuilds-users] tracking down missing sbo dependencies

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Mon Mar 4 20:47:36 UTC 2024

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024, Didier Spaier wrote:

> To sum it up, gkterm, glktemrw and glulxe are all stand-alone software.

Close. Actually, on further research, I've found that glulxe isn't
standalone: it depends on having a glk implementation. Which can be
either glkterm or glktermw. So Jude got the relationship backwards,
glktermw doesn't have glulxe as a dependency, it *is* a dependency
of glulxe.

Now that I've worked out the relationship between them, I'll be
submitting glulxe to SBo, with REQUIRES="glktermw".

Jude, you can build glulxe with my glktermw package with a command
like:

make OPTIONS="-DOS_UNIX -DUNIX_RAND_GETRANDOM" \
      GLKINCLUDEDIR=/usr/include/glktermw \
      GLKLIBDIR=/usr/lib64 \
      GLKMAKEFILE=Make.glktermw

I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but it at least will load up
Advent.ulx from the glulxe homepage, here:

https://www.eblong.com/zarf/glulx/

...or, wait 5 days or so and glulxe will be on SBo.