[Slackbuilds-users] couple questions

Michiel van Wessem michiel at slackbuilds.org
Wed Aug 1 14:35:37 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 15:27:41 Erik Hanson wrote:
> On Aug 01, 2007, at  2:15 PM, Aleksandar B. Samardzic wrote:
>
> I think we have something like this in the repo but I forget what,
> hopefully someone else can field this question.

As Erik wrote, I can't remember which package uses CVS, but some CVS servers
offers a nightly tarball or something similar. The package in our repo that
uses that, is aimed at that tarball. This ofcourse has some problems due to
the fact that with a different tarball, the MD5 Checksum will be constantly
off.

> Sending a patch to this list, or submitting an updated script. If you're
> not able to work with the scripts then just emailing the list (especially
> concerning security updates) is fine.

In addition to that, it's probably good manners to write the author of the
script first and ask if he either has time to update the script or that he
minds that you do it for him. If the author doesn't react, I would go the way
Erik described.

> > 3. Is there an example of build script for a CMake based package in
> > one of existing SB.o build scripts?

I just submitted a package kdesvn that relies on CMake. I think this is
something we will see more and more in the future. As far as I am aware KDE4
will largely build things with CMake, so that probably means that a lot of
KDE applications will start to rely on that as well.

> A quick grep shows that we have cmake in the 11.0 repo here:
> http://slackbuilds.org/repository/11.0/development/cmake/
> I can't comment on why it doesn't exist for 12.0, which is unfortunate

Cmake is not included in the 12.0 repository anymore, because it's one of
those packages that has made it's way into mainline Slackware 12.0. As per
SBo's policy we don't include anything that is in a normal Slackware install
already :)

PACKAGE LOCATION: d/cmake-2.4.6-i486-2.tgz

--
http://slackbuilds.org