[Slackbuilds-users] Copy SlackBuild README to app docs

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Tue Dec 11 21:21:18 UTC 2007

On Dec 11, 2007, at  3:30 PM, Alan Hicks wrote:

> Phillip Warner wrote:
> > I think it would be a great idea to modify the SlackBuild template so
> > that the SlackBuild README file is copied to docs/app/README.SlackBuild.
>
> It's not a bad idea IMHO.  What do the other admins have to say about this?

It might not be a bad idea, but it's probably not practical. The README is
not required for building, so you can't expect it to be there. Some people
only download the SlackBuild and slack-desc. Not to mention the heavy edit
this would require to our repository, currently 1055 scripts.

Erik
--
http://slackbuilds.org/