[Slackbuilds-users] BuildSBO script

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Sun Jul 8 00:29:23 UTC 2007

Martin's earlier email about rsyncing with the slackbuilds.org repo
reminded me that I have been meaning to post something to the list about
a little script that I wrote called "BuildSBO."  The idea is that it
will optionally rsync with the slackbuilds.org repository and will also,
if you choose, build one or more packages from your local copy of the
slackbuilds.org repo by downloading the source, checking the md5sum, and
the running the slackbuild.  For example:

./buildsbo foo foo2

will fetch the source, check the md5sum, and build the packages for foo
and then foo2.  Since we are working with Slackware, it does not resolve
dependencies and it does not automatically install the package for you.
 :-)  It's just a minor time-saver since you don't have to cd into
different directories, download the source, check the md5sum, and run
the slackbuild manually.

I am not much of a coder, so I am sure there are many better ways to do
what I have done, but for whatever it's worth, you can check it out here:

http://chessgriffin.com/files/scripts/buildsbo/

It's been working great for me so far, but YMMV.

Chess

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key:  0x0C7558C3