[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20070822

Alan Hicks alan at lizella.net
Thu Sep 27 18:19:37 UTC 2007

Robby Workman wrote:
>> I am very much against this binary patching. Symlinking would be much
>> cleaner.
>
> That being the case, would it be better to do one of these:
> 1. Remove the qemu binary repackage script from our repo, since it
>    can't be made to work properly *and* keep everything out of the
>    /usr/local hierarchy, OR
> 2. Leave the qemu binary distributed in /usr/local as it's packaged
>    originally and add/rearrange only as needed for the docs and such
>    to be compliant with Slackware packaging
> 3. Leave it as is and hope for the best

4. Leave it as is and make note of the problem with both solutions in
the README for the user to consider.  Never, ever, out think the user.
When the solution is this easy, and it's noted clear in the README file,
than a user has no right to complain or think a "package" as it were is
broken.  Period.

Ecclesiastes 7:5