[Slackbuilds-users] MAKEFLAGS

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Aug 9 02:25:19 UTC 2008

After some more thought on this, I think this is *my* take
on what we should do:

Don't set MAKEFLAGS at all inside the script - in other words,
we use plain old "make" for the compile.  We can document the
usage of MAKEFLAGS in our HOWTO on the site, and we can also
mention that in the template.

This has the added advantage of *teaching* users something new
along the way, and that's always been one of the larger goals
of this project.

Note that this is *just* MY take on it for now and is not
an official statement from the SlackBuilds.org project.
We (the admins) will discuss it among ourselves and go from
there.

-RW