[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild for nagios 3.x

Greg Martin gmartin at gmartin.org
Thu Jul 10 19:50:15 UTC 2008

I think I have a lot of this worked out.  I built a separate script for
the nagios plugins that installs the plugins below /usr/share/nagios in
a. /plugins directory.  Is this a no-no?  That is to have one package
install below another?  Seems like a good idea on one-hand to keep
everything together.  On the other hand, I can hear someone say "the two
should be independent" and I can understand that as well.  Guidance, anyone?

Next issue - there is an external command directory that typically gets
setup as /var/lib/nagios/rw.  It needs special permissions and is
something that always trips me up.  Would be appropriate to add the
creation and configuration of this directory into the doinst.sh?

And along those lines, I've specified both packages to use the
nagios.nagios user/group pair.  Should I create the user & group? or is
that a no-no?

\\Greg