[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg 0.0.8rc1 testers needed

Antoine NONYME mickeytintincolle at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 17 20:41:05 UTC 2008

Le Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:29:06 -0400,
Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> a écrit :

> Antoine NONYME wrote:
>
> > I've found another bug in sbopkg : when I try to list the potential
> > updates (marked as experimental) I've the following error messages :
> > "cut: Octet ou champ de liste invalide.
> > Pour en savoir davantage, faites: « cut --help ».
> > cut: Liste des champs manquante.
> > Pour en savoir davantage, faites: « cut --help »."
> > Translated in English, that makes :
> > "cut: Bad byte or list field.
> > For further information, type: "cut --help"
> > cut: Missing fields list.
> > For further information, type: "cut --help""
> >

> After this occurs, can you exit sbopkg and email me the file
> $TMP/sbopkg-debug-updatelist?  Can you tell if it is a particular
> package that is causing this problem?  I have not seen that type of
> error yet during testing.
>
> Thanks!

Of course :)
But I have some shit in my installed packages :

-I took the SlackBuild example script and turned it to a script that
badly compiles arbitrary tarballs (for example I commented out the set
-e) and didn't replace the _SBo tag by something like
_experimental_build, so there are fake SBo packages not in the
repository .

-I have double-version SlackBuilded packages, for example I have both
Enlightenment .042 and .043 packages

-I have frozen-bubble-2.1.0 and frozen-bubble-menu-0.2.0, there is
nothing better to confuse slackpkg and sbopkg ;)

-Some of SlackBuilded packages are from the 12.0 repository, some
others from the 12.1 one, and I have Slackware 12.0 (where most of the
12.1 SlackBuilds work) .

So it's a good challenge to test sbopkg in my (dirty) Slackware
installation .