[Slackbuilds-users] for testing - 'sbopkg' tool

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 22:12:19 EDT 2008

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:00:05 -0400
From: Chess Griffin
Subject: Re: [Slackbuilds-users] for testing - 'sbopkg' tool
To: "SlackBuilds.org Users List"

Robby Workman wrote:
> Bob Lounsbury wrote:
>>
>> Very interesting. I like the idea and have a question. Is there any
>> way to make local changes to the SlackBuild script and then build the
>> package with your sbopkg tool? I'm assuming that rsync creates local
>> copies of SlackBuilds.org. I'm only asking because I also use
>> Slacintosh and I have modified several SlackBuild scripts to compile
>> successfully on powerpc. I guess this question could also relate to
>> changing the SlackBuild script locally for any other reason also, not
>> just for powerpc stuff.
>

> Hmm... good question.
>
> Now, I'm not going to be one of those who throws feature requests out
> for SOMEONE ELSE to implement, but perhaps something to use $EDITOR
> or $VISUAL from the environment would be trivial to implement... :)
>
> -RW

Bob -- yes, good point.  Since this script displays the files in your
local mirror, any manual changes you have made would be there, but as
far as editing the files from within sbopkg, that's not there yet,
although it's a great idea.  I like Robby's idea of using $EDITOR to
edit the SlackBuild from within sbopkg and that should be easy to do.

I'll add it to the TODO.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x0C7558C3