[Slackbuilds-users] grub version 2

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Tue Mar 25 19:48:52 EDT 2008

Michael Wagner wrote:

> although part of Slackware, I suggest the inclusion of grub's second version (still in an alpha state, but working). The legacy version fails on Slackware current (e2fsprogs > 1.40.5) and is not a serious alternative to lilo anymore.
>
> Are there any objections?

I think there are two parts to this:
   1. grub in Slackware has issues
   2. Is grub2 a candidate for SBo inclusion.

Re part 1, I think we'll have to wait and see what pans out with
e2fsprogs and grub and other distros and so on.  There have been
bug reports with new e2fsprogs and grub+patch and bug reports with
new e2fsprogs and grub_nopatch, so results are inconclusive.

Re part 2, IMHO, yes.

Pat might weigh in on one or both of these, however, so we'll
just wait and see.

-RW