[Slackbuilds-users] Two problems writing SlackBuild for mendeley-desktop

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 01:27:27 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm writing a SlackBuild for Mendeley Desktop ( http://www.mendeley.com ),
which is a research paper management tool. But I found two problems there.

1, It's a proprietary software, although you can use for free(free beer but
not free speech) as long as you agree with it's 'terms and conditions'. Is
it enough that I notice it in the README and let users be aware of it?

2, It seems that the package have to make a /share directory. As it lays in
the very root, I doubt whether it is something that a user-space package
should do. I know I can link /share to /usr/share and pull things there. But
we will have a /share eventually.

Thanks for the advises!

--
Cheers,