[Slackbuilds-users] aMule doesn't run

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Dec 7 14:18:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:10:08 +0200
iskar enev <iskar.enev at gmail.com> wrote:

> aMule 2.2.5 had an issue with cryptopp 5.6.0 which was fixed in 2.2.6
> but apparently the issue still persists for x86_64 systems. The
> workaround is to downgrade cryptopp to 5.5.2 and recompile aMule
> against it.
>
> May be I should reinclude a warning about that issue in the README
> file. Should I resubmit everything or just send the README to the
> mailing list?

Since we tend to overlook|delay|etcetera stuff like this sent
to the mailing list, do a new submission with the fixed README
and the BUILD variable incremented, and then note this situation
in the Comments field of the submit form.

Normally the BUILD variable wouldn't be incremented for a change
like this, but since it will require some folks to rebuild, I
guess it's best to increment it just in case.

-RW