[Slackbuilds-users] Testing utf8...

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Dec 16 06:57:30 UTC 2009

Okay, I *think* we (rob0 and I) figured out at least part of the
problem after some testing in various scenarios.  It seems that
mutt (and pine and mailx and pretty much anything else) when run
in screen shows (and sends) garbled utf8.

After adding this line to $HOME/.screenrc:
  defutf8 on

and restarting screen completely (kill it dead and start over,
thereby losing all the precious IRC chatter)  ;-)  it seems to
work.  Here's hoping this mail won't prove me wrong.

Here goes:  Ozan Türkyılmaz

-RW