[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20091216

Kyle Guinn elyk03 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 06:58:13 UTC 2009

On 12/15/09, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 05:27:43 +0000
>  Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
>
>  > misc/boncuk: Added - boncuk is a Turkish<-->English dictionary.
>  >   Thanks to Ozan T?rky?lmaz.  --rworkman
>

> Hrm, perhaps it's mutt or something not behaving correctly
>  on cardinal, which is where I send these mails.
>
>  On my local system, in claws-mail, I get this:
>   Ozan Türkyılmaz
>

>  -RW

http://slackbuilds.org/ChangeLog.txt looks like it's encoded as
ISO-8859-1 instead of UTF-8.  I see several U+FFFD replacement
characters (the black diamond with a ? in the middle) in names when
trying to view it as UTF-8, and the names look mostly correct if I
view it as ISO-8859-1.  Maybe that's the source of the problem?

-Kyle